- Norwegian By Night by Derek B. Miller
- The Honey Guide by Richard Crompton
- City of Blood by M.D. Villier
- The Missing File by D.A. Mishani
- The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
- The Scent of Death by Andrew Taylor
- Rubbernecker by Belinda Bauer
- Ratlines by Stuart Neville
- The Twelfth Department by William Ryan
- Ghostman by Roger Hobbs
- Laidlaw by William McIlvanney
From serial killers to tartan noir, Laura Wilson rounds up her pick of the crop. The best crime and thrillers of 2013 – at The Guardian.
»Harrison was noted for her nonfiction, but as this first novel demonstrates, she also had a flair for make-believe, with clever twists and elegant writing. Her death in April at the age of 65 makes the book a bittersweet pleasure to the reader, who knows it won’t be followed by another tour of ordinary lives fraught with doubts and deception.«
Waiting game: Writer Kathy Blumenstock about the novel The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison. Her review at The Washington Post.
- The Execution of Noa P Singleton by Elizabeth L. Silver
The Silent Wife by ASA Harrison
The Red Road by Denise Mina
Snow White Must Die by Nele Neuhaus
The Norfolk Mystery by Ian Sansom
A new crime fiction roundup by Laura Wilson. Her reviews on books by Elizabeth L. Silver, A.S.A. Harrison, Denise Mina, Nele Neuhaus and Ian Sansom you will find at The Guardian.