Mystery Writers of America is proud to announce the winners of the 2013 Edgar Allan Poe Awards, honoring the best in mystery fiction, non-fiction and television published or produced in 2012.
The Edgar® Awards were presented to the winners at the 67th Gala Banquet, on May 2, 2013 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, New York City.
- BEST NOVEL: Live by Night by Dennis Lehane
- BEST FIRST NOVEL BY AN AMERICAN AUTHOR: The Expats by Chris Pavone
- BEST PAPERBACK ORIGINAL: The Last Policeman by Ben H. Winters
- BEST FACT CRIME: Midnight in Peking: How the Murder of a Young Englishwoman Haunted the Last Days of Old China by Paul French
- BEST CRITICAL/BIOGRAPHICALThe Scientific Sherlock Holmes: Cracking the Case with Science and Forensics by James O’Brien
- BEST SHORT STORY: The Unremarkable Heartby Karin Slaughter. In: Mystery Writers of America Presents: Vengeance
- BEST JUVENILE: The Quick Fix by Jack D. Ferraiolo
- BEST YOUNG ADULT: Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- BEST TELEVISION EPISODE TELEPLAY: A Scandal in Belgravia – Sherlock a Teleplay by Steven Moffat
- ROBERT L. FISH MEMORIAL AWARD: When They Are Done With Us by Patricia Smith. In: Staten Island Noir
- GRAND MASTER: Ken Follett and Margaret Maron
- RAVEN AWARDS: Oline Cogdill and Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore, San Diego & Redondo Beach, CA
- ELLERY QUEEN AWARD: Akashic Books
- THE SIMON & SCHUSTER – MARY HIGGINS CLARK AWARD: The Other Woman by Hank Phillippi Ryan
Congratulations to all winners!