- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
- The Case of the Constant Suicides by John Dickson Carr
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christi
- Suddenly At His Residence by Christianna Brand
- The Big Bow Mystery by Israel Zangwill
- The Mystery of the Yellow Room by Gaston Leroux
- The King Is Dead by Ellery Queen
- La Septième hypothèse by Paul Halter
- The Tokyo Zodiac Murders by Soji Shimada
- The Hollow Man by John Dickson Carr
The top 10 locked-room mysteries: Thriller writer Adrian McKinty uncovers his favourite »impossible murder« novels. His list you will find at The Guardian. And more about his list you can read at Mr. McKinty’s blog The Psychopathology of Everyday Life.
Best Books of 2013: Crime Fiction: Ali Karim, Jim Napier, J. Kingston Pierce, Mike Ripley and Kevin Burton Smith picked the best crime fiction and thriller books of 2013. More at the January Magazine.
- Ask Not by Max Allan Collins
- Under the Eye of God by Jerome Charyn
- Black Wings Has My Angel by Elliot Chaze
- Snitch World by Jim Nisbet
- Others of My Kind by James Sallis
- The Maid’s Version by Daniel Woodrell
- 3 Steps to Hell by Arnold Hano
- Dead Lions by Mick Herron
- Troubled Daughters, Twisted Wives ed. by Sarah Weinman
- Laidlaw by William McIlvanney
The king of noir Woody Haut picks the best of 2013. His list and other favorites you will find at Los Angeles Review of Books.