- Season to Taste by Natalie Young
- Farthing by Jo Walton
- Long Way Home by Eva Dolan
- The Sudden Arrival of Violence by Malcolm MacKay
- This Dark Road to Mercy by Wiley Cash
Depeschen mit dem Leitwort Laura Wilson
Möchten Sie Depeschen mit anderen Leitworten wählen?
- Norwegian By Night by Derek B. Miller
- The Honey Guide by Richard Crompton
- City of Blood by M.D. Villier
- The Missing File by D.A. Mishani
- The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
- The Scent of Death by Andrew Taylor
- Rubbernecker by Belinda Bauer
- Ratlines by Stuart Neville
- The Twelfth Department by William Ryan
- Ghostman by Roger Hobbs
- Laidlaw by William McIlvanney
From serial killers to tartan noir, Laura Wilson rounds up her pick of the crop. The best crime and thrillers of 2013 – at The Guardian.
Crime fiction roundup | Reviews by Laura Wilson on books by Liam McIlvanney, Paul Johnston, Carla Norton, P.D. Viner and Alexander Lernet-Holenia
I Was Jack Mortimer by Alexander Lernet-Holenia, originally published in 1933 entitled Ich war Jack Mortimer, is »a fascinating snapshot of Vienna between the wars« says Laura Wilson. Her review of this and four other new published crime books you will find at The Guardian.