International Postgraduate Conference under the auspices of Dean of the Faculty of Modern Languages and Literatures Institute of English, University of Gdańsk, Poland
Crime Fiction – Here and There, Now and Then
9-10 November, 2012
The aim of the conference is to discuss crime fiction across national borders, across time periods, across languages, across genres and across boundaries between the literature and the other arts (film, theatre, graphic novel etc.) We invite papers which deal with one or more of the following points (the list is by no means exhaustive), in any given literature and country, or in international comparison:
- Comparative study of crime fiction
- Detectives now and then
- Genres, systems, conventions
- National, regional or local contexts (e.g. Scottish, Scandinavian, American; Edinburgh,Breslau,LA)
- Crime fiction and the reader
- Dubious villain – why do we like villains?
- Crime and gender
- Crime and identity
More about the Conference you will find at crimeconferenceug2012.wordpress.com.