The Mystery Writers of America is proud to announce the winners of the 2014 Edgar Allan Poe Awards, honoring the best in mystery fiction, non-fiction and television published or produced in 2013. The Edgar® Awards were presented to the winners at our 68th Gala Banquet, May 1, 2014 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, New York City.
- BEST NOVEL: Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger
- BEST FIRST NOVEL BY AN AMERICAN AUTHOR: Red Sparrow by Jason Matthews
- BEST PAPERBACK ORIGINAL: The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood
- BEST FACT CRIME: The Hour of Peril: The Secret Plot to Murder Lincoln Before the Civil War by Daniel Stashower
- BEST CRITICAL/BIOGRAPHICAL: America is Elsewhere: The Noir Tradition in the Age of Consumer Culture by Erik Dussere
- BEST SHORT STORY: The Caxton Private Lending Library & Book Depository in Bibliomysteries by John Connolly
- BEST JUVENILE: One Came Home by Amy Timberlake
- BEST YOUNG ADULT: Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher
- BEST TELEVISION EPISODE TELEPLAY: Episode 1 – The Fall Teleplay by Allan Cubitt
- ROBERT L. FISH MEMORIAL AWARD: The Wentworth Letter in Criminal Element’s Malfeasance Occasional by Jeff Soloway
- GRAND MASTER: Robert Crais and Carolyn Hart
- RAVEN AWARDS: Aunt Agatha’s Bookstore, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- THE SIMON & SCHUSTER MARY HIGGINS CLARK AWARD (Presented at MWA’s Agents & Editors Party): Cover of Snow by Jenny Milchman
Congratulations to all winners!